Author Topic: Severe Storms this Saturday May 18  (Read 94 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Lane C.

  • Club Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2425
Severe Storms this Saturday May 18
« on: May 14, 2019, 05:16:42 pm »
Is the Scale Meet going to be cancelled? Saturday is now forecast for some bad weather - 70 percent chance of rain. Sat night is 30 percent. Friday night is 40 percent. Lane

Offline Hellcat56

  • Club Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1692
Re: Severe Storms this Saturday May 18
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 09:32:12 am »
We are a go-----
The projection is for rain on Saturday but looks like it will be in the afternoon
And Sunday looks clear and sunny

We will start Saturday as planned with flying starting at 9  if raining we will do static  under the shed  if we can not fly Saturday
We will start flying at 8am Sunday

We have done this before
We are a go for both days if ---necessary just Sunday

Come out Saturday enjoy the fun. Eat with us
It will be an experience to remember see you there
Lawrence Harville

Offline Lane C.

  • Club Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2425
Re: Severe Storms this Saturday May 18
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 01:32:16 pm »
Told ya! haha.

Offline Hellcat56

  • Club Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1692
Re: Severe Storms this Saturday May 18
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 08:29:52 am »
I always KNEW ONE of us was VERY SMART
I thought it was ME

turns out it is YOU

Lane for Weatherman of the YEAR  yea
Lawrence Harville

Offline dlabby

  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 1499
Re: Severe Storms this Saturday May 18
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 10:31:50 am »
Did Lane just volunteer to be Contest Director next year?
Darrell Abby

Offline Paul Lange

  • Club Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 674
Re: Severe Storms this Saturday May 18
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 11:06:23 am »
Bookem ' Danno - LOL

Shoulder months in Texas Gulf Coast region have seen crazy weather patterns since last year....even though we are far away from the Gulf coast, our weather is greatly affected - and considered part of that system.  I completely detest the high heat of summer which is dangerous....

In the end I prefer dancing spring dates for cooler temps over searing miserable heat of mid summer -

-Paul H Lange
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 11:11:21 am by Paul Lange »
Best Regards - Paul H Lange

Offline Lane C.

  • Club Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2425
Re: Severe Storms this Saturday May 18
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 12:21:09 pm »
I'm not a weatherman, but DID watch the Channel 4 weatherman! And read several online forecasts.  All gave pretty much the same forecast. Ha.

Offline Paul Lange

  • Club Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 674
Re: Severe Storms this Saturday May 18
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 10:03:33 pm »
Results of today's rains 05-18-19

-Paul H Lange
Best Regards - Paul H Lange