Author Topic: Meister Zeke Build  (Read 11121 times)

Offline Lane C.

Re: Meister Zeke Build
« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2019, 10:54:55 am »
Weather permitting, of course!

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #271 on: March 08, 2019, 09:24:19 am »
One of the smaller details in the cockpit was fitting the instrument panel to the glass fuselage. These two parts did not match up perfectly, so I built-up the glass fuselage to match the panel. Ended up adding 3 layers of Dolphin Glaze to make the match up. I made dummy top instrument panel to use as a guide for the Dolphin Glaze and screwed it to the fuselage. Then pulled that off and replaced it with the instrument panel. Once painted it will all look better.

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #272 on: March 08, 2019, 05:23:14 pm »
Made some dummy gun butts for the instrument panel today. Primered all the panels, floor, seat, and headrest. Be happy to move on from the cockpit to work on the gear doors.

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #273 on: March 11, 2019, 07:43:56 am »
Got out the Paasche airbrush and painted the side panels with a medium green. Kinda of a test and it looks pretty good. The Aotake Blue seemed to be a bit much and I cannot find any cockpit photos of original Zeros with the Blue shade. The Blue is used in the wheel wells and flap areas. So, found plenty of cockpit photos of the green shade. But the green shade varies with each panel. So, will look for some lighter green to paint the instrument panel. This isn't a Top Gun build, but like to have some fun now and then with the paint.

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #274 on: March 14, 2019, 06:18:06 pm »
Did another assembly to show Steve Nicholsen the Zero when he comes up for the Weatherford Swap Meet and Auction this weekend. Lots of work and this thing is HEAVY. Hope he shows up! ha

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #275 on: March 20, 2019, 05:03:14 pm »
Must be something new here to post. Hmmm, I been looking at the gun butts on the main panel and decided they were too big. Cut them out and made new ones. Added charging handles, masked off, and reprimed.

Bill was sitting a bit too low for my likes. Moved him up 7/8 inch. Much better.

Going the find a different shade of green for the instrument panel. Gun butts will get black or charcoal grey paint after the panel gets the right shade of green. And of course, all the instrument faces in the recessed spots.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 05:06:50 pm by Lane C. »