Author Topic: Meister Zeke Build  (Read 9550 times)

Offline Lane C.

Re: Meister Zeke Build
« Reply #225 on: January 04, 2019, 08:27:58 pm »
Yep Barry, too hostile outside these days. Better to keep warm in the shop.

Got the drop tank in from Meister today. Did a quick mockup of it under the wing. Will take some fitting for sure. The shape at the aft end is too pointed. Needs to be reworked. Hmmm. I will say the tank is VERY solidly built! Kinda heavy too. Won't be on for the maiden flight, for sure.

Bought some more Dolphin Glaze at English Color. Good stuff.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 08:30:42 pm by Lane C. »

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #226 on: January 08, 2019, 07:46:16 am »
I sanded off the rough glass joining seams on the gas tank and hit them with some grey primer. May not show up well in pics, but looks better in person. I flipped the bird over and sat the tank on the wing as far forward as possible. I need to find a way to attach the bomb rack to the wing and also the tank to the rack.

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #227 on: January 12, 2019, 03:43:16 pm »
After filling and sanding the low spots behind the leading edge with Dolphin Glaze for several days, got around to re-glassing that area on both wing halves. Will sand with 220 grit discs on the orbital sander after the Z-Poxy dries for 24 hours.

Offline dlabby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #228 on: January 14, 2019, 09:13:17 am »
Is Dolphin glaze hard to sand?
Darrell Abby

Offline Barry Ponder

• Club Member
  • GSWAM Forum member
« Reply #229 on: January 14, 2019, 01:37:51 pm »
For Barry. Yes yes yes. Any sanding sucks.  Sucks.
Bad for the wrist and elbows. But normal humans itís a good sorce of entertainment.
My small experience with it was fairly easy. Lots of sanding and reglazing and priming and more sanding. It was with my Zero wing that you Darrell painted and it came out looking perfect.
Barry 

Offline dlabby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #230 on: January 14, 2019, 03:45:52 pm »
Yes, I borrowed a little of this stuff from you to make a fillet. As I remember it, it was very hard and difficult to use/form. I have been using the red glaze stuff. It sands and feathers nicely.
Darrell Abby

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #231 on: January 14, 2019, 10:58:21 pm »
Darrell, Dolphin Glaze is easy to sand with a 60 or 80 grit sanding stick. Trying to use a fine grit at first is not the best way to do it. After you get it roughed shaped, then switch to finer grits. Z-Poxy is really harder to sand than Dolphin Glaze.