Author Topic: Incomming!!! Hanger 9 Carbon Cub 15cc ARF 90" - Paul Lange  (Read 2434 times)

Offline dlabby

• Global Moderator
Re: Incomming!!! Hanger 9 Carbon Cub 15cc ARF 90" - Paul Lange
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2017, 09:26:13 pm »
Paul, when I enlarge your pictures I can only see a portion. Usually I can move the large photo around to see different parts of it but I can't even do that. Where did you get your pilot? A 1/4 pilot is too big for my cub (15") and I can't find any 1/5 civilian pilots.
Darrell Abby

Offline Joystick

• GSWAM Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2017, 07:29:52 am »
Darrell, I had the same problem with Paul's pictures. They're so big I had to go next door to see the whole thing.

Actually, Paul did not "buy" that pilot. If you look close, you'll notice that it is just Paul in there looking around in his plane. It's really huge.
CHECK SIX

Signed: Steve Rogers (As far as you know)

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool. For Herb: All facts have not been personally verified by me for accuracy. Use them at your own risk.

Offline Paul Lange

• Club Member
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 08:05:46 pm »
Actually, yes I have been inside this plane quite often now.

Here is the link to the Pilot from the popular Johnny Quest adventure cartoon figure...Race Bannon:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/full-body-posable-pilot--25-han4566

He is "delivered" with a rubber leather helmet, yellow life vest and if you cut open his flight jacket....he is wearing a nice pink undershirt and tailored white shirt, khaki pants and fine rubber boots.  He is between a 1/4 - 1/5 scale figure

Not bad for $13.00

Paul H Lange
Best Regards - Paul H Lange

Offline Paul Lange

• Club Member
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2017, 03:37:35 pm »
So I am waiting for some motivation to apply the flight number decals.....and noticed lots of wrinkles of the Ultracote.....well at least more than what I thought it was upon removing the fuselage, wings and tail section from the packing bags.

So ...how do you remove the wrinkles or...will they correct in sunlight....or should I just not bother with them?

Paul H Lange

Offline Joystick

• GSWAM Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2017, 08:28:07 pm »
Just rip off all that old wrinkled Ultracoat and cover your plane with Coroplast. No painting or wrinkles.

I know it will be a little heavier than the Ultracoat, but I think it will easily come in at less than 90 lbs.
CHECK SIX

Signed: Steve Rogers (As far as you know)

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool. For Herb: All facts have not been personally verified by me for accuracy. Use them at your own risk.

Offline Paul Lange

• Club Member
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2017, 11:27:48 pm »
Well... Thanks Master Coroplast...........I'll have to consider this method perhaps on the next Balsa Airframe

Paul H Lange