Author Topic: Meister A6M3 Model 22 Zeke Build  (Read 16057 times)

Offline Lane C.

Re: Meister Zeke Build
« Reply #285 on: April 14, 2019, 01:50:24 pm »
Got another video showing the wing upright as this puts the load from the weight of the flaps on the servos. All seems to working smoothly and in sync.

https://vimeo.com/330262742

Offline dlabby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #286 on: April 14, 2019, 02:45:07 pm »
Beautiful...yep, nice and smooth.
Darrell Abby

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #287 on: April 20, 2019, 05:37:46 pm »
Got the fuselage about ready for some grey primer. Glued the headrest/roll over bar on and sanded the fuselage with a Scotch-Brite pad. Fuselage is mostly primed, so will only give it a light coat to see how it looks with an even coat of flat primer. Maybe get some primer on soon. This afternoon wouldn't have been bad, but wasn't ready early on. Too late in the day!

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #288 on: April 25, 2019, 12:46:44 pm »
Went to Home Depot yesterday and bought some finish color - grey. This is a light grey as I want to be able to get a good "visual" of the girl as she destroys the other warbirds out there. Sprayed the drop tank for a test run and laid some white printer paper out for a color comparison. It's definitely grey!

Now to get to spraying the Advantage Grey Primer since it's 80 degrees, blue skies, and almost no wind.

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #289 on: April 25, 2019, 06:26:50 pm »
Got the wings out and primered them. Took all the afternoon till 5PM. Pretty tired. Lots of sanding between coats. 6 coats in all.

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #290 on: April 27, 2019, 09:28:11 am »
I started the spot putty job yesterday to get all the little holes and imperfections cleaned up. I used a half dozen small batches of Dolphin Glaze for the spot work. Works nice. Also sanded the entire wing halves to get ready for the final primer coats. But, winds are 15-20 today, so, won't get there yet.

Gave the wing a final wipe down with Advantage 109 Oil and Grease Remover. Lee Rice told me about that product years ago and it's a great item. Cleans off all finger oils before painting to keep fish-eyes from forming. You can use it at the field too as it really cleans off the bottom of your gas engine plane!

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #291 on: April 28, 2019, 07:57:39 am »
Yesterday, it looked like the wind was going to blow all day long, but at 1PM it abruptly quit! So, I opened up the shop and got back to spraying primer. Got the final coats on the wing halves and set them aside. Then drug out the fuselage and hit it with primer. Fuselage looks pretty good! Needs to have that primer sanded on the tail end for sure and maybe a couple more coats sprayed and sanded some more to even out the minor defects. Forecast this morning called for winds Mon, Tues, and Wed. Dang!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 08:02:28 am by Lane C. »

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #292 on: April 28, 2019, 02:04:22 pm »
Windy out there today, but not that bad. Got some light grey on the right wing today. Took 3 coats.

Offline Joystick

• Club Member
  • GSWAM Forum Member
« Reply #293 on: April 28, 2019, 04:48:55 pm »
Looking good. Can't wait to see it fly.
CHECK SIX

Signed: Steve Rogers (As far as you know)

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool. For Herb: All facts have not been personally verified by me for accuracy. Use them at your own risk.

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #294 on: April 28, 2019, 06:25:20 pm »
Steve, I'm hurrying!

Got the left wing painted as well. Painted the flaps, servo covers, and gear base covers. Tail cone too. I sent Callie Graphics a request for the paint masks for the meat balls and tail numbers. Got a bit to do on the fuselage next. Then painting it.

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #295 on: April 29, 2019, 11:50:13 am »
I wasn't quite happy with the head rest-bullet deflector so added some meat to the aft end. Looks more like the Zero now.

Added one last show of the head rest from the pure profile view. I've never found a good photo or drawing of the head rest so, the side view is about all I can go on.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 07:49:22 am by Lane C. »

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #296 on: April 30, 2019, 07:06:37 pm »
I got on the retracts today and primed and painted one leg black, like the full scale Zero. Might as well do them like they were. Also primed the gear doors to get them ready for the light grey on the outside and Aotake Blue on the inside.

Offline Mark Fuess

• Administrator
« Reply #297 on: May 01, 2019, 05:55:13 am »
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Magnificent work Lane!!!

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #298 on: May 01, 2019, 04:10:16 pm »
Thanks Mark. Magnificent! Wow! Haven't gotten that one before.

Got the one leg assembled to see how she looks. Pretty cool.

Offline Barry Ponder

• Club Member
  • GSWAM Forum member
« Reply #299 on: May 02, 2019, 11:07:37 am »
Doing a great job. Crabtree Aviation painting department working non stop to get her done.
Hell Bitch ll she will be awesome.
Barry