Author Topic: New Electrics comming soon - Spitfire  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Paul Lange

New Electrics comming soon - Spitfire
« on: February 03, 2017, 11:50:04 am »
Not meaning to advertise or promote sales of any company or retailer here.....I am merely providing the following links to show the latest updates of Electric scale model aircraft advances which in my opinion have skipped several levels up in less than 6months....all good.

There are rumors of several new larger WWII birds for release in 2017....the Spitfire is the first airframe at least for now coming soon:

This new HobbyKing Avios 1450mm Spitfire should prove very interesting ....if it flies well.....the proto-type model flown in this video points to a YES.  If you notice....HobbyKing is really embracing FPV community with this new release....most likely a new trend that all may start to follow...hhhmmmmmmm.
https://youtu.be/qITT0mG5SUI

The new FlightLine 1600mm Spitfire is also expected to be a "High End" scale fidelity RC model.....so far every new RC release by FlightLine are exceptional fliers which seems to be their primary focus.....
https://youtu.be/9U8ORvfoZp0

While both planes look very good....I follow the gents who work with FlightLine.....several of them receive new FL models to fly, critique and suggest changes before final production molds are finalized.  The new FlightLine Spitfire is reported to be an Exceptional flier and without the usual evil tendencies of the elliptical wing of other RC Spitfire airframes

Paul H Lange
Best Regards - Paul H Lange

Offline Paul Lange

Re: New Electrics comming soon - Spitfire
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 01:20:06 pm »
The new FlightLine 1600mm Spitfire is coming very soon....it's now seen on MotionRC website:

https://www.motionrc.com/collections/coming-soon-airplanes/products/flightline-rc-spitfire-mk-ix-1600mm-pnp

Paul H Lange

Offline Paul Lange

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 02:50:04 pm »
I received this bird earlier in the day as I am driving back from Santa Fe New Mexico last week.  On the drive back.....I decided to retire my 2000 Nissan Xterra at 198000 miles.  So I found a later model used Xterra (2010 @ 81700miles) and made the trade.  However I am having the dealer make a couple of repairs in their shop before I take possession early next week.  In the meantime they have provided a loaner car (2017 Chrysler 200).

OK so I have this super nice brand new 1600mm Spitfire assembled and all ready to go......but it's too big to transport in the coup, wife's buggy or the loaner car or motorcycles. 

https://youtu.be/FexC7XUcdT4

Somethin to be said about "transportability" in the larger foamies....I could take it apart but at least for today......I lack the motivation to take the wing off for the maiden.......If it wasn't so dang hot I'd be clamoring for a way to get it to the field at all cost - so thank goodness for this oppressive heat. - LOL

Ohhhhh well.......at least the wife understood I still needed the larger cage for the aircraft/s.....so I guess everything is OK.

Paul H Lange
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 02:54:00 pm by Paul Lange »

Offline Paul Lange

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 05:13:57 pm »
Decided to remove the wing and transport via Kia Soul today until the newer used Xterra is ready for pickup this week.

Maiden plus (9) flights in heavy cross winds......a few flights in a slight SE prevailing winds but for the most part it was every bit 10-12mph straight cross wind with occasional gust. This new FlightLine 1600mm Spitfire Mark IV is a fantastic flyer....the stall is a very slow pancake with little to no wing rock against the wind.  It is not super fast but probably WOT from a shallow dive may be pulling a respectable 70mph.  The amazing fact is that it can fly slow when you have a chance and......10minute flight times.  I was flying via 6s 30c 5000mAh LiPo and landing at 3.85v per cell after a spirited 8min flight and taxi the entire runway.

It looks great in the air and is very agile...tracks very good even in gusty winds.  The narrow gear is challenging to land in cross wind without dragging a wing tip....however on our grass field it's a non-event.  Scale take off and flights are very pleasing.  The four blade prop makes a nice sound when you have the airfield quiet and in flight.

It's an excellent static scale model on the ground......and an all around super fun flyer with much more flickability than I expected.....

No viideo's of today's flights (out of memory) but some of the galley was there to confirm the day!!

Paul H Lange