Author Topic: Electric Aircraft Moderator  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Sonny Coleman

• Administrator
  • Web Forum Admin
Electric Aircraft Moderator
« on: January 30, 2017, 08:18:29 am »
Please welcome our new Electric Aircraft moderator, Paul Lange.

Paul is one of GSW most active electric aircraft flyers and will make a great moderator for one of the fastest growing part of our hobby. With current battery and motor technologies flying electrics is quickly growing in popularity.

Sonny
"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it"
John Ruskin

Offline Bill Bradford

• Club Member
  • GSWAM Forum Member
Re: Electric Aircraft Moderator
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 10:04:51 am »
Can't think of a better choice.

Bill

Offline Paul Lange

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 12:21:30 pm »
First suggestion fella's - there is a difference between multi-rotor FPV video and general fixed wing flight line perspective video....should we make a video section specifically for the upcoming FPV multi-rotor heads?

Paul H Lange
Best Regards - Paul H Lange

Offline Sonny Coleman

• Administrator
  • Web Forum Admin
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 01:59:39 pm »
You would need the same low latency video connection with fixed wing as with multi-rotor. Use a 5.8 GHz transmitter/receiver with a 600-800 TVL camera.

I'm currently using a tiny transmitter/camera module: Usmile 5.8G 40CH 25mW 200mw Selectable OSD Function 4.7~26V input 520TVL 120 Degree AIO FPV Camera. This camera/video transmitter combo would be good for both fixed wing and multi-rotor models. $31.79

Link: https://www.amazon.com/Selectable-Function-4-7-26V-Inductrix-Eachine/dp/B01NH02B8X/ref=sr_1_8?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1485805751&sr=1-8&keywords=Micro+AIO+Camera+5.8G

With the complete 5.8 GHz video systems sold today for FPV there is little to do but mount and power the camera/video transmitter and selecting a clear channel.
"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it"
John Ruskin

Offline dlabby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 07:36:34 pm »
Good Show guys; great idea. Thank you, Paul. Since we already have so many different forums and the site doesn't seem very active, I would just keep regular multi rotor, FPV, and electric fixed wing together and let the 'subject' denote the topic. Just my 2 cents worth; I don't really care.
Darrell Abby

Offline Paul Lange

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 08:23:32 pm »
Yep makes sense...after-all they are "Action Video's"......let the weed smackin' begin !!

Paul H Lange
Best Regards - Paul H Lange

Offline Sonny Coleman

• Administrator
  • Web Forum Admin
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 07:01:30 am »
"let the weed smackin' begin" !!  Weeds, grass, trees, dirt, and props. They are all in danger of a good smakin' :D
John Ruskin

Offline dlabby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 10:46:03 am »
I'm no expert, but I foresee the trees up to the north being decorated with quad copters. This should be fun.
Darrell Abby