Author Topic: FMS 67inch/1700mm P-47 Thunderbolt ready for maiden  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Paul Lange

FMS 67inch/1700mm P-47 Thunderbolt ready for maiden
« on: June 05, 2016, 07:02:29 pm »
I have completed the assembly and some tweaks on an FMS 67inch/1700mm P-47 Thunderbolt.  It's too long a fuselage and too wide a wing span to store in my office....too heavy to rack on PVC storage racks.  It's too big for the SUV....so I'll have to store it and transport it with the wings off.  The newer connection board is designed for this as the wings have Aileron, flaps, retracts and sequenced gear doors as well as LED's.....all made simple with the quick connects.  I have upgraded the stock Kv300 motor with a higher RPM Kv360 Motor and upgraded the 85amp BESC with a 100amp Opto ESC + 10amp 5.1v output UBEC.

The reports are this plane can fly like a trainer or wick up like an agile sport plane...the wide stance and very large wheels complete with Oleo spring loaded struts should be perfect for our grass field.

I should be ready to maiden this airframe with my 6s 30c 5000mAh LiPo equipped with the newer EC5 type connectors - which were a pain not to solder up but get snapped correctly into the housing.

Looking forward to flying this bird!!

https://youtu.be/Xl0Y2X9GtCw

Paul H Lange
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 08:16:59 pm by Paul Lange »
Best Regards - Paul H Lange