Author Topic: Flightline 1600mm ( 62inch) P-38 is ready for maiden  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Paul Lange

Flightline 1600mm ( 62inch) P-38 is ready for maiden
« on: April 18, 2016, 11:11:25 pm »
This new release from FlightLine has to be the best ARF Foamy ever produced.....reports are it's an excellent acrobat and super nice to fly.  The fit and finish is on par with my new FlightLine 1400mm P-40B.  This airframe is powered by two 4s 35c 2500mAh Lipo.  I will modify with Oleo spring loaded struts soon but may not get to that upgrade for a little while.  Can hardly wait for the weather to clear and the field to dry out!!

I ordered and applied the Skidoo decals from Callie Graphics and back painted in the rest of the stripes and tail feather sections freehand:
"23 Skidoo -
 The plane, numbered 162, has the markings that Captain Dahl's plane had while he was with the 432nd fighter squadron. Captain Dahl was a WWII flying ace who flew a P-38 in the Pacific Theater. Five victories were needed to become an ace. Nose art is an American Indian brave, running with his tomahawk. Text on side of plane: "Pilot captain Perry J. Dahl / Crew Chief T/SGT Doyle Dowell". Plane is marked with 9 Victories. 23 Skidoo is a saying from the 1920s, and another way to say 'getting out while the getting's good.'

Paul H Lange
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 11:13:39 pm by Paul Lange »
Best Regards - Paul H Lange