Author Topic: Bell Hop Build  (Read 10952 times)

Offline Joystick

• GSWAM Forum Member
Re: Bell Hop Build
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2016, 09:15:55 am »
It was hard to find a "Cat" name for my warbird. All the cool Cat names were taken, like Hell Cat, Tom Cat, Wild Cat, etc.
CHECK SIX

Signed: Steve Rogers (As far as you know)

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool. For Herb: All facts have not been personally verified by me for accuracy. Use them at your own risk.

Offline Joystick

• GSWAM Forum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2016, 03:58:25 pm »
I found some old pictures with my modified squadron hat. One with me working on an analog computer from an aircraft and one with me working on my very first RC aircraft (1971). The plane is a Headmaster with a Fox .25 engine and Futaba radio.
CHECK SIX

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool. For Herb: All facts have not been personally verified by me for accuracy. Use them at your own risk.

Offline Joystick

• GSWAM Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2016, 03:02:14 pm »
Got in two more flights this morning before the winds kicked up. Made about 50 touch-n-goes. What else is new? It was the first time I've flown this plane in calm conditions. It really fly's great. It definitely does not need flaps. I can be just past the runway approach on the down wind leg at 75 to 100 feet high and chop the throttle to idle and make a hard 180 turn while letting the plane drop naturally, add one click of throttle and a little elevator to line up on the runway. Chop the throttle to full idle about 1/4 of the way down the runway and the plane will settle down for a perfect 3-point landing at about 5/8 ths of the way way down the runway.
CHECK SIX

Offline Joystick

• GSWAM Forum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2016, 09:03:18 pm »
Just finished over 100 flights about 10 min. each and at least 1000 touch and goes. All is well with the Faux Cat.

I did loose the canopy two times. Magnets didn't work and neither did my first locking mechanism. Got two dowels and a big 1/4" nylon bolt to hold it on now. That is working great.

I did break a prop on one cross wind landing. I hate it when that happens. Maybe more touch and go practice is needed.
CHECK SIX

Offline Joystick

• GSWAM Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2018, 07:46:13 am »
Update - It has been hard to drag out some of my older planes since I built the Coroplast Biplane because it was new and fun to fly.

I did manage to get the Faux Cat out and get a couple of flights on it. It now has 132 ten minute flights and I forgot how much fun it is to fly.

Rolls are not real quick, but it does everything well with no bad habits.

It's so easy to fly I even let Mark fly it without putting him on a buddy box. He did great and can do touch-n-goes way better than me.
CHECK SIX