Author Topic: Absent!!!  (Read 2542 times)

Offline gunslinger

• Club Member
  • Scale fliers do it on the wing!
Absent!!!
« on: January 25, 2015, 01:11:25 pm »
Notice how there are no posts in this area?  Have we all moved to gasoline?  Or, do we all just know everything there is to know bout the nitro engines?

NAHHH!

Tim Lovett

Offline Bill Eads

• Club Member
Re: Absent!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 06:27:14 pm »
WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.....................Tim,

If the nitro motors do not fail, then there isn't much to tell.................

LOL...................

LAST weekend, Monday I think it was, on my OS 52 4 stroke in my Cherokee, I DID have the housing for needle valve come loose in flight causing a lean setting..landed, tightened it back to specs, did not change the needle setting, and went about flying as normal.....

Guess some day I might want to change the glow plug,,, NAWWWW, works fine as is.

I do notice a lot of folks having dead stick landings,, but it is not limited to nitro, I see gassers dead stick as well????

Bill E

Offline Bill Eads

• Club Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 08:47:49 pm »
Tim,
WAY back, on the old, like 4 year ago, forum, I posted a few questions about the 61 OS four stroke I needed help with.. I never got a reply...
I have also posted photos of that happens to the cam followers (lifters) on an OS 120 gemini twin when you do not run it for a spell.. and how to get them unstuck using a lot of carb cleaner injected into the crankcase....but this info has been lost along the way with forum changes and updates.

Wonder where the forum help has gone for those of us that do still enjoy the smell of the nitro engines?

Bill E

Offline gunslinger

• Club Member
  • Scale fliers do it on the wing!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 05:35:16 pm »
I would help anyone that needs help!  IF I can remember all that I have forgotten about the engines... ::)
Tim Lovett

Offline Bill Eads

• Club Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 06:57:52 pm »
Tim,
There always seems to be help available while at the field.
MANY of ya OLD guys,,,(snicker) are always there to offer help.
Even YOUNG guys like me can be of help from time to time...(again, snicker).

I have enjoyed the help, ie: engine tuning, temperature readings, bearing replacement, flight instruction tips, building tips, and much more, that I have received from the members, , they,, YOU guys are great to hang around with.

Back to your original post, YES, this topic has become a little quiet lately..

Bill E