Author Topic: Club Meeting Program Idea  (Read 6791 times)

Offline Sonny Coleman

• Administrator
  • Web Forum Admin
Club Meeting Program Idea
« on: July 22, 2014, 07:35:10 am »

Hey Guys,
As many scale guys as the GSW club has, (and not just warbirds - Bill  ;) ),  it would really be nice to have a step-by-step tutorial on how to setup an airplane for panel lines and rivets with guidelines on what type of primer paint to use, latex paint gun brand recommendations and air settings. Also, what are the best decal types and vendors who sell them.
We are blessed to have some very talented scale builders in the club who could mentor up and coming scale builders.

Just a thought,

Sonny 
"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it"
John Ruskin

Offline dlabby

• Global Moderator
Re: Club Meeting Program Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 02:15:34 pm »
I totally agree Sonny. I am one of those 'up and comings' I think. I have experimented with all these and would sure like to be in on that class. Maybe more than 1 meeting.  My panel tutorial came from Lawrence; don't know if we can get him to a meeting or not--same with Max.  Tim and Lee are the paint guys.  Have to keep in mind there are different ways to do this and opinions vary. Let's ask them.
Darrell Abby

Offline Jim Dines

• Club Member
  • GSWAM Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 04:02:33 pm »
I think it is a great idea. Maybe a get together other than the business meeting, since there is a lot of activity to be handled in the meeting, usually, after an hour or so my attention span is used up!

Offline Glenn Williams

• Club Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 05:11:40 am »
I believe that is a great idea. Would be nice to have a hands on type tutorial as well.

Glenn

Offline Harold Staats

• Club Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 09:45:08 am »
Let me know when and I'll me there.
Harold Staats

Offline Paul Lange

• Club Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 06:18:19 pm »
Fellas,  What would it take to deploy a weather station of our own at the field.....may I suggest we look into this and see what it would take to get one installed and fired up.....perhaps some donations could be solicited to pay for it....I would certainly be willing to pitch in on this.

I have often wondered what the "actual" conditions are at the field....which could be quite a bit different than what other stations may report on WeatherUnderGround.  According to that WebSite a Personal Weather Station could be installed and present near real time data of windspeed and direction as a selected site.   

The monthly meetings conflict with another club to which I am a board member....so I am unable to attend our club meetings for now, otherwise I would present this to the club

Best Regards - and thanks for keeping the field in such excellent shape by the way
Paul H Lange
Card #305 / AMA 989208
North Richland Hills Texas
Exclusive to Electric Foamies only
Best Regards - Paul H Lange

Offline Barry Ponder

• Club Member
  • GSWAM Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 07:56:22 pm »
Great idea. But we would need a man there with a machine gun protecting it 12 hours a night so it would still be there in the morning.     Barry.

Offline Lane C.

• Club Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 11:31:46 pm »
I can tell ya what it's doing at the filed vs the weather forecast FREE OF CHARGE. Good for 24/7/365.

If they call for 5 to 10 mph out of the SouthEast, then it will be 15 to 20 gusting to 25 out of the West! Happens EVERY time. Ha

Offline gunslinger

• Club Member
  • Scale fliers do it on the wing!
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 05:32:39 pm »
Darrell Abby did a great presentation on hidden servo actuation for ailerons/flaps/elevators at the last meeting.  Atta boy, Darrell!!!!!
Tim Lovett

Offline dlabby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2016, 02:11:48 pm »
******* TOP  SECRET ********
There will be a 'program' at the January meeting. You won't want to miss it.  Jan 12, 2016, normal McDonalds.
(be sure to bring your security clearance ID, Big Barry will be posted at the door)
Darrell Abby

Offline dlabby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2016, 12:39:51 pm »
OK, builders, want-to-be builders, and all others: you asked a long time ago and it is here. The Feb meeting program will be about how to make rivets, priming, and all associated stuff. February 9---mark it down.
Darrell Abby

Offline dlabby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 09:32:12 pm »
2016 Program schedule---until it changes:
July   Web site navigation--Sonny Coleman
August       panel lines, rivets, painting, etc.---Tim Lovett
Sep        film of design of remote military drone --- Steve Rogers
Darrell Abby

Offline Joystick

• Club Member
  • GSWAM Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 07:58:04 pm »
2016 Program Schedule addition

Oct   What switch, on your transmitter, do you move during the takeoff roll?--Lawrence
CHECK SIX

Signed: Steve Rogers (As far as you know)

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool. For Herb: All facts have not been personally verified by me for accuracy. Use them at your own risk.

Offline Joystick

• Club Member
  • GSWAM Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 06:46:05 am »
Don't let this happen to you. Come to the presentation.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:49:27 am by Joystick »
CHECK SIX

Signed: Steve Rogers (As far as you know)

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool. For Herb: All facts have not been personally verified by me for accuracy. Use them at your own risk.