Author Topic: RC Guys Ryan STA ARF  (Read 19556 times)

Offline Lane C.

Re: RC Guys Ryan STA ARF
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 09:40:05 pm »
Got a 2nd wind and put the wing on the fuselage for effect. She's now on the gear for the first time. She's a good sized girl!

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 01:39:00 pm »
Went ahead and rigged the top flying wires since I had the center wing on. Goes fairly quick.

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 04:29:04 pm »
Moving on thru the flying wires.

Offline Sonny Coleman

• Administrator
  • Web Forum Admin
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 05:18:21 pm »
Nice looking Ryan. Coming along nicely too.

Sonny
"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it"
John Ruskin

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 07:49:37 am »
Got the flaps and ailerons glued on and the whole plane assembled for a final test of all the controls running together. Ended up having to use a set of JR Matchboxes and removing the reversing Y-Cables as they caused havoc on the flaps and elevators. Spektrum radios do not like the Rev Y-Cables. But, as the assembly guy, that's what I have to do to make sure all systems are working as they should.

The model is delivered to the customer and he is pleased. He's going to do some detailed full cockpit work and add a pilot before it's flown. We ran the motor full tilt in his garage and it really is hard to hold onto. More than enough power. Should be a smooth easy flyer.

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 07:23:40 am »
Added a set of flying wires on the empanage. Looks scale now.

Offline dlabby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2015, 02:35:52 pm »
Looked at this plane again, Lane, and she is most beautiful. It hasn't flown yet has it? Maybe she's waiting on an engine.  Looking forward to seeing it at the field.
Darrell Abby

Offline Lane C.

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2015, 10:11:38 pm »
Dr Lummus is detailing her out. I've asked him a few times about being ready to fly, but he's still working on her. Basically ready to fly when I was done with her, all she needed was a CG check. I'm sure he'll let me know when he's ready. She's running a Turningy 80-100 motor (roughly 50cc - 60cc equivalent) with 100 amp ESC, and two 6S 4900 Lipo's in series. Won't have any trouble getting into the air! She should fly like a dream.