Author Topic: For Electric Pilots....Great Buy.  (Read 59 times)

Offline Chuck Rovell

• Club Member
  • Member of the 2.4 Mach Club.
For Electric Pilots....Great Buy.
« on: October 12, 2018, 10:28:52 am »
Horizon Hobbys has a real bargain.  A DHC-2T, 59 inch Turbo Beaver  with wheels and floats and a  six channel antennaless reciver included for just $149.99.  All you need is a transmitter and batteries.  I have already ordered one.  Go to Float Planes and go to the very bottom of the list to find it.  They have also emailed an advertisement for it.  Hurry, they will probably go to back order real quick.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 11:40:15 pm by Chuck Rovell »
Chuck Rovell, "Phantom Driver" (Call Sign: "Trash Hauler") (T-37, T-38, KC-97, KC-135, C141A, T-33, F-4, C-141A and B)

Offline Paul Lange

• Club Member
Re: For Electric Pilots....Great Buy.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 02:13:47 pm »
The receiver ships separately- not with the airframe.  This model should not be compared to the higher dollar FMS,Flightline, Free Wing models....looks and feels like a super light wind aircraft.....consider without receiver.... it's a $100.00 airframe with motor and all the electronic hardware and -  floats  The new Spektrum receiver is an interesting form factor.  For the price and all that you get.....could be a nice little Sunday water bird.  Time will tell

Paul H Lange
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 03:03:44 pm by Paul Lange »
Best Regards - Paul H Lange

Offline Chuck Rovell

• Club Member
  • Member of the 2.4 Mach Club.
Re: For Electric Pilots....Great Buy.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 11:00:58 pm »
Right you are.  I got two boxes at the same time.  One with the aircraft and the other with the receiver and spare prop I ordered.   Prop turned out to be the same as the Cirrus prop.  Now I have two spares. I now have five aircraft to be  test  flown.   Rain, rain, go away....
Chuck Rovell, "Phantom Driver" (Call Sign: "Trash Hauler") (T-37, T-38, KC-97, KC-135, C141A, T-33, F-4, C-141A and B)