Author Topic: GSWAM Friday Night Light's Fun Fly event date 08-03-18  (Read 131 times)

Offline Paul Lange

• Club Member
GSWAM Friday Night Light's Fun Fly event date 08-03-18
« on: July 06, 2018, 12:17:02 pm »
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please prepare your Electric Night Flyer Airframes for our first FNLFF event.

Come and fly or come and watch the carnage....witness the spectacle of lights and wonders of technology and skill.

Bring your flash lights for the Pitts area, head band lights, glo sticks, LED wands, glow in the dark shoe laces and mayo jars of lightning bugs.

Friday Night Light's Fun Fly event...fun for all and all for fun....should be a "Howlin" Bunch A Fun.

Friday August 3rd
Best Regards - Paul H Lange

Offline dlabby

• Global Moderator
Re: GSWAM Friday Night Light's Fun Fly event date 08-03-18
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 01:49:32 pm »
Yippee!! Thanks, Paul. I have already emailed couple of guys who I know are interested. Trying to think of more. We will reinforce with notice at club meeting and August newsletter. This is a GSW "first ever"--you won't want to miss it. Who is going to let me fly their lighted aerial vehicle??
AUGUST 3--Sunset--be there
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 06:44:38 pm by dlabby »
Darrell Abby

Offline Joystick

• Club Member
  • GSWAM Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 03:57:39 pm »
Don't forget that night flying for 2 hours after sunset is now approved with electric planes under 48" wingspan.

You may want to practice before the big date.

I may cut the tips off my 51" Sport Cub and put on a light kit.
CHECK SIX

Signed: Steve Rogers (As far as you know)

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Paul Lange

• Club Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 09:29:50 am »
I am getting ready for our 1st GSWAM Friday Night Light's Fun Fly (FNLFF) 08-03-18.....are you??

-Paul H Lange

Offline Paul Lange

• Club Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 10:04:12 am »
Get 'em ready boys

-Paul H Lange

Offline dlabby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 08:24:39 am »
The first ever GSW night fun fly was a huge success. Word sure got around because the parking lot was full and a lot of guests watched! A lot of neat lighted planes showed lighting ingenuity. Thanks to Paul for a great job; the runway lights were very helpful. Night flyers can do this any time but we will try to have another coordinated event this fall. Here are some pictures.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 09:24:13 am by dlabby »
Darrell Abby

Offline Paul Lange

• Club Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 12:03:53 pm »
Yep our first "Official" Night Flight Fun Fly was indeed a huge success with many pilots planes and spectatorship.  The evening was cool and perfect wind conditions.....mosquito's and no see-um nats flies and assorted aggrivators did not consume us!

I pulled up every LED lawn light from my yard and placed them at center gate post....then aligned them every 10ft or so along the edge of the runway where the outlaying rough edge meets our manicured cut grass, leaving about 10yards shy of the south end of the runway.  This provided an excellent marker for us to fly our LED laden aircraft between the flight line and the lights for take off and landings.

Flying by LED's with mulitple aircraft is very fun and exciting. ..many times thought we were certain for mid air collisions only to witness much more separation than our brains are used to seeing in Sun drenched trajectories.

Many thanks to all who dared fly and I know the lawn chair observers were "Hyptnotized" by the spectacle provided by our night flyers.

Sparky flew his scratch built "SPOOK" which as you can guess was a world class peice of art solely by itself on static display.....I could not beleive then what it looked like when he fired up its internal LED's.....unbeleivable.  Sparky took off and made successful turn back to the North where the "SPOOK" lost all control....Sparky did his best to recover repeatedly but "SPOOKY" was bound and determined to hone in on the moonlight wild hogs of the Trinity River bottoms.  As to date the aircraft is still not located yet....man I hope he finds that plane.

Thanks to Darrell for snarfing up some photos of the planes.....I know we missed several Night Flyer aircraft...even so the pic's can't do it justice.

Several night saavy pilots and crew members brought out custome LED pitt area lights which made set up very easy.

The laughter at the flight line during flight was quite consuming as  temporary loss of focus would often jarr us back into mild composure...lots of banter and chatter as the electrics flew by in star studded patterns and colors.

Nobody noticed that I set up my E-Flite Radian colors incorrectly with Red and Green on the wrong wing...but it does not matter....just wing it and float it!!

You must attend and see the next gathering......for yourself

-Paul H Lange
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 12:07:01 pm by Paul Lange »

Offline Paul Lange

• Club Member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 09:23:34 pm »
Another photo of "some" of the night flyer aircraft....

Paul H Lange