Author Topic: For Sale - Top RC Models 81 Inch Spitfire ARF NIB  (Read 420 times)

Offline Lane C.

• Club Member
For Sale - Top RC Models 81 Inch Spitfire ARF NIB
« on: March 13, 2018, 09:16:05 pm »
Hi Guys, I bought a Top RC Models Spitfire right before Christmas. In the mean time, I found another warbird Id like to have. Now, if I had the $$$ some of  you guys have, Id just keep it and stack it on all the other RC stuff I managed to accumulate. This is brand new, direct from Caiman RC. I still have the original box and packing. I have taken it out of the box, gave it a quick mockup assembly, and looked it over closely to make sure there was no damage in shipping - all looks good. It is the latest version with the full invasion stripes which the first shipments did not have. This one will fly nicely on a DLE-35 rear exhaust. The span is 81 inches. All composite construction and the Top RC Models work is beautiful. Caiman RC has the Robart retracts for this one too. I am asking what I paid for the model and is the price they show on Gator RC and Caiman RC website - $779. If you ordered this, the shipping would likely be an additional $125 to $150. And nope, despite Tower having these on their site, they wont be getting any from Caiman. Tower repeatedly undersold all the Mom and Pop RC shops and Caiman cut them off for violating pricing policies. This is your chance to get a great Spitfire ARF. Oops! Just saw that Caiman has SOLD OUT of this one.

As usual guys, this is not a distress sale, so may keep it to build one day. However, I might consider a reasonable offer. Thanks, Lane

Offline Lane C.

• Club Member
Re: For Sale - Top RC Models 81 Inch Spitfire ARF NIB
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 10:34:38 am »
If you want a nice, manageable sized Giant Scale Warbird this Summer, here it is. I looked up the DLE-35RA's on Tower and with your SS Club discount, you can order one for $305. And Robart has a sale on with up to 18 percent discount on retracts, wheels, and whatever you need, depending on how much $$$ you spend. Good time to get a leg up on Summer flying while the wind is howling and the field is wet much of the time during Spring rains. I can knock off $54 from the sales price to make the Spitfire an even $725. Such a deal. Remember this is ALL composite construction. Very cool warbird. Lane
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 10:38:29 am by Lane C. »

Offline Lane C.

• Club Member
Re: For Sale - Top RC Models 81 Inch Spitfire ARF NIB
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 12:52:35 pm »
OK, no one interested so I'm building it myself. Using the DLE-55RA I had on the Green Zero. Robart just came out with a new package pneumatic retract deal for this one- retracts, 4 inch alum wheels, and deluxe air package, $395. Should be fun.