Author Topic: FPV EasySky Micro B-17  (Read 278 times)

Offline Paul Lange

FPV EasySky Micro B-17
« on: March 02, 2018, 09:06:00 pm »
Experimenting with FPV gear.....I attached a tiny FPV camera with built in Video transmitter and RH Omni antenna to my EasySky Micro B-17 today and have to say.....it's stupid fun.  The little differential thrust four engine full rudder, aileron, elevator airframe with full blown switchable AS3x stabilizer can fly slower than a snail crawling up a wet flower stem.

The video clarity is exceptional and flight times are around 6minutes.....I was able to fly between trees and light poles hitting my target patch for touch-n-go's with full run off back into the air.

I think I was able to fly about 110yards away before the 1st hint of video loss and I think that can be cleaned up by calibrating the goggles to the All In One FPV camera.

I had to do some "Micro" soldering to "y" into the battery power cable....but other than adjusting battery placement for COG and mounting the camera to the nose with 3M double sided sticky square.....there was not too much else to do but fly.

Todays winds were pretty goofy....anywhere from 2-12mph and in all directions....this little Micro B-17 is truly a remarkable flyer.....had no problems loitering around smoothly in fickle winds.  Since the trees have no leaves it's a little challenging discerning how close they are when shooting gaps but this is part of the allure to flying small craft FPV.

It caught the attention of a fellow electric R/C car buggy enthusiast who's 78year old brother may be visiting our field soon.  According to his brother Ed today......the recent transplant from out of state is a master builder and has been looking for a field to fly.....I should be in contact with him soon.

For some reason the Dominator 3 goggles did not record the video today...but I am quite sure I'll figure out why and get some onboard Micro Video very soon

Paul H Lange
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 11:22:56 am by Paul Lange »
Best Regards - Paul H Lange